We can search among some of the UK’s leading insurance companies to arrange cover for any employer or small-business owner who stores chemicals of any kind; private/commercial property owners; and any commercial operation situated close to a watercourse or large natural wildlife habitat.
Environmental liability insurance covers complex and expensive liabilities resulting from pollution incidents, including accidents, human error and equipment malfunctions and cover can be extended to include public and products liability. Please note that property or public and products liability cover are inadequate on their own, since they would not usually apply to a gradual pollution condition or first-party clean-up. Plus, such policies might not respond to the intervention of an environmental regulator.
The majority of incidents involve small, long-term events rather than major incidents, which can take years before the full extent is known which is why it isimportant to keep your environmental liability insurance in place.
Your cover could include the following and more:
- Employer’s liability (up to £50 million per incident)
- Public/products liability (up to £50 million per incident/in the aggregate).
- Any employer or small-business owner who stores chemicals of any kind (from diesel tanks to purpose-built facilities)
- Private/commercial property owners (with loss-of-rent cover in the event of evacuation)
- Any commercial operation situated close to a watercourse or large natural habitat for wildlife.
Exclusions or limitations apply.
Find out more about our Environmental Liability offering by contacting us using the form above, or calling us today.