We can arrange a wide range of comprehensive cover for anyone who provides traditional professional services over the internet, website developers, systems and computer consultants, and e-commerce companies.
Traditional liability insurance does not address issues to do with the internet. Whether you trade online or simply provide information over the internet, cyber liability cover could provide the protection you need. Cyber liability cover deals with the first and third-party risks associated with e-commerce, the internet, networks and informational assets. Anyone with a website now has the legal liabilities of a publisher—and therefore many of the same responsibilities and risks.
Your cover could include protection against the following risks and more:
- Invasion of privacy
- Intellectual property infringement (eg if a web developer plagiarises another site's design or content)
- Transmission of a virus
- Defamation (eg libellous bulletin-board posts, perhaps about competitors)
- Denial-of-service hacking (where servers are flooded with data to stop them working)
- Security breaches (eg theft of client's credit card numbers or personal details)
- Inadvertent release of client's confidential information
- Theft of product designs
- Websites which don’t work properly.
- Anyone who provides traditional professional services over the internet
- Internet professionals (website developers, systems and computer consultants, etc)
- E-commerce companies—those which operate only on the internet as well as those who have both ‘bricks’ and ‘clicks’ operations
- Internet advertisers—anyone who uses the internet for marketing.
Exclusions or limitations apply.
Find out more about our Cyber Liabilities offering by contacting us using the form above, or calling us today.