Commercial Insurance Claims
One of the true tests of an insurance broker is when you need to make a claim, and at Giles we like to think we pass the test with flying colours.
We cannot pretend that making a claim is enjoyable, but we can make it a lot easier, simpler and hopefully faster. Our own in-house claims teams are experienced, friendly and helpful, so that means extra peace of mind for you.
It is important to notify us or your insurers of your claim at the very earliest opportunity, as any delay could affect the acceptance of your claim or lead to greater loss or damage. The sooner you tell us about your claim, the sooner we can help.
The benefits of dealing with Giles
- Our local offices are backed by a nationwide network of regional claims teams
- Members of our claims team have varied backgrounds in insurance, brokerage, loss adjustment and law
- Many of our claims staff have been handling claims for over 20 years
- We handle claims for anyone from very large businesses to sole traders and private individuals
- We have specialist teams to deal with claims in areas such as charities, professional indemnity, construction, the motor trade, transport, science & technology and many more
- We operate tried, tested and well-documented claims handling procedures
- We offer specialist buildings and machinery valuation services.
Who to contact
To notify us of a claim please contact one of our claims teams listed below. Alternatively you can contact your local branch or account executive.
- Scotland – 0141 285 3580
- Northern Ireland - 0870 787 8887 Option 3
- North - 0870 787 8887 Option 3
- Wales - 01443 502 554
- Central - 0121 502 9097
- South - 01689 881 743
Our specialist motor team will deal with your motor claim from start to finish. Not only will we liaise with your insurer, but we can also arrange alternative transport and, if necessary, legal representation. No matter how large or small your claim, we will stay on top of it from the time you first notify us all the way through to its conclusion.
Giles Business Assist
Giles Business Assist provides a specialist claims-handling service for our business clients. In return for a small annual fee, it could save you time, hassle and expense at a time when your business is vulnerable. The team works with our in-house loss adjusters to help you deal with business interruption and/or claims for material damage in excess of £10,000, and where required we can usually be with you within 24 hours. Once again, we will manage the entire process:
- We will guide you through the whole process
- We will represent you in all negotiations
- We will advise you on policy conditions and values
- We will do our best to ensure you get a fair and appropriate settlement.
For more information about GBA, please contact your Giles account executive or your local Giles branch.